The National Football League (NFL) is the oldest professional football league in the US. It also has the highest average attendance per game, with an average of 68,000 fans in the stadiums. The NFL is owned by the 32 teams in the league, who are free to conduct their affairs. Its headquarters are in New York City. Its current commissioner is Roger Goodell, who took over the post in 2006.
The NFL is a league that is always vying for the top spot in the sports world due to the incredible defense, amazing plays, and the high-scoring battles that are always taking place. The NFL is the most popular sports league in America, and there are no signs of slowing down. With that being said, it is important to know the top NFL teams of the last few years, as it will give you an idea of what is to come.
- The 1998 Denver Broncos were a sports team in the National Football League, based in Denver, Colorado. The team was founded in the American Football League in 1960 and was one of the eight charter members of that league. They are best known for the “Orange Crush” during the late 1990s when the team won five straight AFC West division titles, culminating in a win in Super Bowl XXXIII, in which they defeated the Atlanta Falcons by a score of 34-19. The 1998 team was the last in the NFL to win a championship until the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXVIII in 2004.
- The 1992 Dallas Cowboys were an American football team that won Super Bowl XXVII against the Buffalo Bills. They were in their first year in the NFL since becoming an expansion team in 1960. In the middle of their dynasty in the 1990s, the team won four Super Bowl titles in five years. They were the defending Super Bowl champions in 1992.
The 1992 Dallas Cowboys were a championship team, and their victory over the Buffalo Bills was a sense of tradition and nostalgia for the team and many of its fans. The Dallas Cowboys were the first team to win three Super Bowls. Their first title was in Dallas in ’91, and the team went on to win the next two games in the ’92 season. The 1992 Dallas Cowboys were led by quarterback Troy Aikman and his Pro Bowl year and co-captain Michael Irvin and wide receiver Alvin Harper. The team was a dynasty, going through the next four years, up to the year 2000, with a playoff appearance in ’96, leading to a Super Bowl appearance against the Packers.
- The 2007 New England Patriots were the first expansion team in the NFL since 1998. The Patriots were founded in 1960 in Foxboro, Massachusetts. They moved to Foxboro in 1970. The team was originally the Boston Patriots. The team was originally known as the Boston Patriots but moved to Foxboro in 1970. The team adopted its current name in 1971. The Patriots moved to Foxboro in 1970. The team did not exist in the 1960s.
- 1985 Chicago Bears NFL team’s season was one of the most exciting and memorable of the decade. The Bears managed to reach the playoffs with a 7-8-1 record, but it wasn’t enough to win them the Super bowl. They also managed to win the NFC Central Division and reach the playoffs once again. The Chicago Bears and their fans hope to bring the Lombardi trophy back to Chicago for the first time since Super Bowl XX.
- The St. Louis Rams were one of the NFL’s fiercest rivals during the late 1990s. The St. Louis Rams beat the Buffalo Bills in Super Bowl XXXIV, their first Super Bowl appearance since 1979. The St. Louis Rams won the NFC West in 1999 with a 10-6 record.
- The Miami Dolphins are one of the most famous teams in all sports, in part because they have won four Super Bowls in the last 25 years. The 1972 Dolphins are one of the best teams that have ever played the game, and the team that put together that year is still considered one of the best.
The 1972 Miami Dolphins were one of the most dominating teams in pro football history, leading the NFL in scoring, yards, rushing, and interceptions. Their offensive line was one of the best in modern football history.